Saturday, September 4, 2010

Camping

So I just got back from the two weeks of camping, it was pretty sick. It was really beautiful there, and I saw some cool stuff. Wild kangaroos and emu's. Spiders as big as long as your finger. Ant hills as high as your knees It was like watching a true nature show out there. Flocks of green parrots flying around. Birds that sounded like women screaming (they sang in the middle of the night too, which was kinda freaky). The second the sun starts rising, EVERY bird that exists there screams at the top of it's lungs. I've never seen as many stars as I've seen there. It was absolutely amazing! The moon went away during the night (it's out in the day) and you could see some of the milky way and space clouds! I can't express how beautiful it was.

In lectures we learned not to live in a fear of what others around us think of us, but how God thinks of us. It was a really powerful time for me personally, and I feel different than I did two weeks ago. I pray differently and I worship differently. Youth Street yesterday was really awesome as well, and I got the privilege of catching up with Daniel. He is a great kid and I love encouraging him! This coming week in lectures will be about Bible study. Then we head off on our 3 week outreach! More to come...

No comments:

Post a Comment