Sunday, October 3, 2010

5DE

Just got back from 5DE and it was really awesome. So much happened and time went by so quickly that I'm just starting to get myself together. I think I got about 5 hours of sleep every night! We stayed at this camp site in the mountains outside of Bisbane. We did all sorts of fun activities, like a massive laser tag battle and huge group games. We also went into Brisbane and went shopping in a couple big malls. While in Brisbane we went water skiing and surfing. It was so fun to hang out with the kids and just have fun with them! One night we had a band come play a concert for us and another night we had a super hero theme dance party. I love dancing, so that was awesome for me personally. The best part of the whole camp was the fact that we were able to put a positive influence on the kids that came. I made a lot of valuable relationships with a bunch of kids that came. I tried to encourage them as much as possible and to speak truths into their lives. A lot of them come from rough backgrounds, so it was awesome to see them change by the end of the week. I really saw how valuable Youth Street is and the positive impact it puts on the lives on so many kids. For the next two weeks we continue with lectures :)

No comments:

Post a Comment